Tuesday, April 09, 2002

It's raining and muggy. I'm sweaty. It's the kind of weather when you don't mind when it rains. But I was wearing those pants again, the ones that always drag on the ground. By the time I got to West Broadway, they were soaked up to my calf. Especially the right pant leg. Why does that leg of whatever pair of pants i have always get worn out quicker than the left? I don't walk with a limp, maybe one leg is shorter than the other.

I had just finished having a late supper with some friends, mostly people who know Teri. Karen was in town for the week and she was leaving for Ireland tomorrow. She's an irish lass, her family is from there. She 100 percent cali, though. She went to Carondelet, the catholic girls school opposite De La Salle. There were others. Some guy named Doug that reminded me of that Dell guy. Apparently he had hooked up with Karen when she visited NYC in Sept. Teri told me during a smoke break that he said "Nice to meet you" when the evening began. He has a girlfriend now. I immediately hated him.

We had Thai food. Not authentic Thai, it was shi-shi Thai at Kin Khao on Spring St. and Thompson. I hate SoHo cuz it's so damn far. And so damn gay. Let's see, i had 3 guys check me out on the 4 block walk to the restaurant. But no, really, i'm flattered. Next time I'm gonna make eye contact, stop, and slowly nod my head up and down which I will end by saying in my deepest baritone, "Oh yeah." Then calmly walk away. Hmm, does that count as a gay fantasy? Bah.

Damn, it's hot. And muggy. Spring has begun.

No comments: