Monday, April 08, 2002



Hmm, i never talked about the guest lecture i went to on Thursday. Anna Wintour is editor-in-chief of Vogue and one of the most powerful people in the fashion industry. I was surprised at how nervous she was. When she first started talking, there was a tremble in her British voice, everyone was aware of it. She had brought all these Vogue lackeys to assist her, one guy on the projector, one woman on the lights, one guarding the gift bag table, and one doing nothing.

Her talk was pretty bland, fashion this, photographer that...really nothing informative. The slide show was interesting, those photographers really know their shit, i must say. During the question-and-answer period i decided to get up and ask a question. So I got up and stood in line to grab the mic. Right then, the Taco Bell I had started talking to a nigga. Damn, I had to ddong bad. But i put a cork in that shit and waited out the storm. So I asked my question: "I've seen your picture in various magazines, how do you feel about celebrity editors and how do you deal with the press?"
"Not very well," she said. "I blah blah blah..." the rest of the shit I just didn't listen to b/c of my stupid stomach. When she finished, i said, "Thanks" in a low voice that sorta came off as rude, now that i think about it.

But when I sat back down at my seat, my stomach was fine. I guess it was just nerves. But i didn't feel that nervous. Odd. The lecture ended and the mob bum-rushed the gift bag table. All that was in it was the latest issue of Vogue with Angelina Jolie on the cover and a Vogue T-shirt. Oh well.

After that I went to the West End and had some drinks, and Mary Beth asked me if i was gonna eat kimchee when I went downtown later cuz i told her i was going to K-town. Stupid West Virginian hick. I said, "Actually, I'm not." and gave her a hmph look. She's cute so she can get away with that shit. Whatever.

Later, I met up with Hyung Min and my brothers at some korean bar. I asked the kinda cute barmaid with the fucked up teeth if she liked fashion. Chick's guard was up. "Why do you ask?" in broken english. I pulled out the latest issue of Vogue and said "This is a present for you." Still skeptical, she said, "why do you think I need this." Stupid suspicioso. I put her on ice and was curt with her after that. An hour later, she comes over and gushes, "Thank you for the magazine, I really like it." Yeah, that's what I thought. Hmph.

No comments: