Wednesday, May 08, 2002

We went to our adjunct professor Steven Silverman's high-rise apartment yesterday for my Cultural Affairs class. He's got a really nice place way downtown, about 1 block away from the WTC. Steven is the editor of People.com and he really knows how to get his wine on. The shit was flowing freely and his red face got even redder as the night went on. It was pretty strange, though, the two guest speakers were: a correspondent for the London Times who loved talking about himself rather than the business, and some lady who works in advertising by day and freelances stories mostly about New York's black elite, mostly to New York Magazine. whatever. I liked Silverman's dog Koko. It was a chocolate lab who liked to play tug-of-war with a chew toy. I entertained the crowd when I lifted Koko up into the air as she was hanging on to the chew toy with her teeth. Steven couldn't stop talking about that shit. Anyway, today I'll be going to the townhouse of my other adjunct professor, Marie Brenner, later this evening. I heard it's mad opulent. Uh, yeah.

No comments: