Friday, May 03, 2002

The Wannabe Cane Kicker

So there I was, heading to the Taco Bell on 95th and Broadway. As I'm walking in, this bum with a cane asks me for some change. I'm on autopilot so I proceed to ignore him.

"Give me a quarter. Hey Hong Kong! Hong Kong! Give me a quarter!"

I open the door to TBell and he realizes he doesn't have my attention so he throws in for good measure, "fucking faggot."

It doesn't really hit me until I'm in Yo Quiero what this piece of shit was saying. I start stewing. I hate agressive bums.

Several different scenarios I fantasized about while waiting for my food: got any change africa? ... yeah, here's your change...throws quarter on the ground...punches bum in his face....kicks bum's cane...glares at bum...bum is deranged...bum is agressive...bah.

Armed with all this shit, I walk outside with my burrito supreme and mad packets of Fire and look for the bum. He's hobbling down the street saying over and over to some gay guy in a gay sweater, "Just one quarter, man, just a quarter..." I'm kind of disappointed I wasn't able to put this bum in his place but then I realize what a lose-lose situation this whole situation is. I start walking in the other direction looking at this shit over my shoulder and as the bum finally gets his hard-won quarter from the guy gay, I say, "Fuck."

No comments: