Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Promoter Offers Money Back Guarantee

--I got this email today, haven't really seen anything quite like it. wonder if it'll work...



Personal Message from Bill Silva

I know you to be a music lover who enjoys live concerts. I want to introduce you to a very special and amazing artist, Raul Midón, who is performing in Southern California this weekend. Raul is one of the most remarkable performers I have witnessed in my 30 years in the music business. I am so confident you will agree with me, I am prepared to guarantee a full refund of your ticket price if you attend either show and do not leave feeling the thrill of a great musical discovery. Below is information to familiarize you with Raul, and the links to his two upcoming shows.

Sunday, May 6 at 7pm: Roxy Theatre - West Hollywood - Tickets Here

Monday, May 7 at 8pm: - Belly Up Tavern - San Diego - Tickets Here

Let me share a little about Raul:

Raul, a Manhattan Records recording artist, possesses unique, full-bodied and soulful vocals, a gift for lyrical songwriting and a syncopated flamenco and jazz infused guitar style that is like nothing you have ever seen. That' s actually what drew me in immediately when I first saw Raul. He made the music of a full band while standing alone on stage- and those hands! I'd never seen playing like that before. Vocally he has been compared to such greats as Bill Withers, Donnie Hathaway, Marvin Gaye and Stevie Wonder- yet the sound is all his own.

Since a picture is worth 1,000 words, here is a short video of Raul's performance on the Late Show with David Letterman:

A few artists that Raul has played with and who consider him a "genius" and a friend are: Stevie Wonder, Herbie Hancock, Jeff Beck, Pat Metheny, Al Green, Jason Mraz, Jamie Cullum, George Benson, Al Jarreau, India Arie, Simply Red, and BB King.

Please join us for what promises to be a truly transcendant evening of live music. And if the experience doesn't live up to what I've told you it will be in this email, then just head to the box office with your ticket and we will give you a full refund. We ask that you leave by the fifth song to make sure that someone is in the box office to take care of you request!

I haven't made an offer like this before, so I'm interested in what you think of it and what you think of Raul. Let me know at info@billsilvapresents.com. If I get great feedback to this offer I will find other opportunities to connect you, our preferred music fans, to other amazing artists who may not have hit the radar yet for you.

Thank for your time and your support.

Warmly,

Bill Silva


No comments: