Monday, August 26, 2002

ypkang: Do you want to hear a funny story?
YUKI: of course!
ypkang: So I went out with my friend Monica and Alison two days ago. It was Alison's birthday, she had just gotten back from two years in Japan.
YUKI: oh cool!
ypkang: We went to the Nuyorican Poets Cafe and watched this poet; it was sad. We were five people and there were only three other people in there.
YUKI: aww.
ypkang: But the show must go on�
YUKI: was the poetry good?
ypkang: It was aite.
ypkang: Anyway, after that we went to Avenue A Sushi. I don't know if we ever went there. It has an �art gallery� in there.
YUKI: probably not.
ypkang: Yeah, I think we only went to nice places. Ha. Anyway, we drank a bunch of sake and ate. Good times. And then the waitress comes over to me and sets down a Johnnie Black on the rocks. A double. She says, �This is from the woman over there.� I'm like, �What the fuck?� and I look over and this attractive woman looks at me and gives me this demure smile.
YUKI: asian?
ypkang: No. White.
YUKI: very nice
ypkang: So I nod my thanks and she gives me this look and then I'm like �damn, what do I do?� this has never happened to me before. And the people at my table -- we were 8 people by now, mostly Asian -- they all asked me at once like, "Did that woman just send you a drink?" They were all nerdy about it. And I was like, damn, chill out foos. I needed time to think what I was gonna do. I decided to just sip the drink a little and wait 5 minutes�
YUKI: yah?
ypkang: �then go over there and thank the woman. Even though I wasn't that interested (and plus I have a gf). Haha. Anyway, while I�m contemplating, the woman walks over. I'm turned the other way and I can see by my friend�s faces that she just walked over. So I turn around and the woman looks at me and says "Hi, Pete." And I go, �what the fuck?� and then she says, "It's me, Toni."
YUKI: it was toni?
ypkang: and then I was like, "Oh my god!" It was her. And we hugged and shit.
YUKI: oh cool. you didn�t even recognize her?
ypkang: And then my friends and the nerds like...clapped. I felt lame. She was wearing a wig. Apparently, she and her sister had gone wig shopping earlier and were testing them out and they saw me and decided to fuck with me. They had been planning the ruse for about an hour.
YUKI: hahhaha
YUKI: hahaha
ypkang: So there I was, thinking I was the shit, when all along it was none other than my old roommate.
YUKI: is she like hot now?
ypkang: Yeah, she's hot. But the wig looked dumb. It was an Uma Thurman pulp fiction wig.
YUKI: i see. how funny.
ypkang: Even though i wasn't really getting hit on by strange women, I was still the coolest kid in the room since I knew Toni. Alison's friend immediately fell in love with her and was asking me all this shit like should he go up to her and shit. But he didn't have the courage: and eventually gave up. My lukewarm responses to him didn't help either.
YUKI: hahah. so is toni doing well?
ypkang: Yeah, she's doing an Abercrombie campaign and doing a little acting. She said she's been in seven commercials but she always exaggerates...most models do.
YUKI: is she in the AF catalogue?
ypkang: I dunno� want to see a picture? I brought along my camera
YUKI: of course!
ypkang: OK, hold on. I have to download it off my camera.
ypkang: here you go
ypkang: I hated that wig.
YUKI: yah. but that pic looks pretty sexy
YUKI: u look like a stud
ypkang: oh. thanks.
ypkang: heh
YUKI: u r a stud
YUKI: =)
YUKI: not just 'look like one'
ypkang: I know.
ypkang: haha, I'm turning into you.
YUKI: hehe
ypkang: Hmm, since I told you that story, I'm just gonna cut and paste to my blog. You mind?
YUKI: nope
ypkang: What should i call you?
YUKI: i dunno�
YUKI: yuki.

No comments: