Monday, August 05, 2002

ac slater

I finally got my AC adapter for my camera so it's up and running. I'm off to Dallas on Wednesday for the Asian American Journalists Assoc convention. A good time will be had by all. Except it's gonna be damn hot. You can't get much hotter than the nastiness that is New York City but the forecast in Dallas is mid 90s with humidity in the 40s. Weak. But I'm hoping I'll spend much of the time indoors schoomzing with my colleagues. After that, it's back to Cali for a wedding.

Here's some pictures of me and my mama in our backyard in california last month. In the first picture, my mom is in stealth mode blending in with our kidney-shaped pool. you can see the fountain in the background. i slaved over a hot stove for 3 hours cleaning the gunk out of it. i got a nice farmer tan. it smelled like wet dog. you can also see the hard water deposits on the walls of the pool. you see, we have a well and use it to water all the plants in our backyard. it's rather unsightly but i suppose it's a trade off for all the money we save on water.



in the second picture, you can see some dried bamboo stalks that i stripped off of a...bamboo stalk. i was making a fishing pole. then I turned it into a punishing stick. then i sawed off the end pieces and was going to make a pipe out of it but then i realized i don't smoke chronic with the ferocity that i used to. so now it's a drumstick that i'm going to give to that drummer from Def Leppard. I hope he likes it.

No comments: